Monday 31 May 2021

Anti-Aging Beauty Secrets - Collagen Peptide Powder For Fabulous Skin, Hair and Nails.


First of all I will share with you what collagen is, its benefits and the different sources of collagen. I hope that this piece  will form a basis for you to start your research and decide if collagen is something you will want to incorporate into your beauty/wellness regime. Also remember that before adding any food supplement you must speak to your doctor or a qualified healthcare professional .

What is Collagen ?

Collagen is a protein and is often referred to as the glue that holds the body together. It  is very important, as it is the responsible for keeping our skin moist and elastic ,keeping our hair full and luscious and also keeping our nails long and strong. Collagen is also very helpful in keeping our joints supple. It is also sometimes called the youth hormone which means it helps in keeping one looking youthful. But as we age our bodies produce less collagen (our collagen levels begin to drop considerably after the age of 30).Hence after this age we see drops in moisture levels in our skin, our hair is not as full and luscious as in our 20's and our nails\ also become more brittle and break more easily. This is where collagen supplements come in. Collagen peptides or collagen hydrolysate is collagen that has been broken down to make it easy for the body to easily assimilate and digest, hereby reaping   maximum benefits. Common sources of collagen are from cattle (Bovine Collagen), fish (marine Collagen), chicken and plants.

My collagen journey

After reading a lot about collagen and all it's benefits, I decided I would give it a go. I decided I would go for a collagen peptide bovine  powder as felt this would fit into my lifestyle and I did not want to get collagen capsules. I also decided that I would go for an unflavored  powder that contains only collagen peptides as some have vitamin c ,biotin or hyaluronic acid added to it. I also chose a collagen powder that is sourced from grass-fed cows and are hormone free. Vitamin C is needed for collagen to work effectively in the body so along with my collagen peptide powder I also bought some 1000mg effervescent vitamin c tablets. The best and most convenient  place to source your collagen peptide powder, is from amazon as they have quite a variety. Read reviews on the ones available and make a choice.

How do I use it ?

In the morning on an empty tummy I take a scoop of the powder and mix it with a little water in a glass then I add a tablet of effervescent vitamin c add some more water like 200ml then wait for the tablet to dissolve ,I then mix together and drink and that is it. If you want to see a video on how I take the collagen powder and Vitamin C Click here I have been taking it for 2 weeks now and my skin elasticity and moisture has improved, my skin is more dewy and glowing ,also it helps to soften wrinkles, my nails are very hard and break less easily but I am still watching my hair for any improvements in that direction. Although it has been said that you have to take the collagen for around 3 months before you see the full benefits. Another way I read that people take it is in their morning coffee, oatmeal or in their morning smoothie.

I hope you have found this helpful, drop me a line if you have any comments or questions.

Disclaimer  I am not a qualified health care professional so make sure you speak to your doctor before making any changes to your diet.

Thanks for reading.

Ade

No comments:

Post a Comment

I tried the Dr.Rashel Vitamin C & Niacinamide Essence Toner | Best Toner...

Thanks for watching kindly,share,comment,like and subscibe.Cheers !!!!